8. Chalkley Chapel
To the south of the main body of the church is the Chalkley Chancel, established by the Stinchcombe family in 1452 and funded as a chantry chapel by income from land at Chalkley, in the east of the parish. When the chantry cult was suppressed in 1529, the chancel became part of the side aisle. On the tympanum above this chancel arch are the remains of what would have been a traditional Doom painting, almost invariably found behind the rood.