At the western end of the south aisle is the baptistery,
containing an octagonal Jacobean font. A further octagonal font, no longer in use, stands by the vestry door. The octagon was often used for fonts and pulpits, being popular from the earliest Christian buildings as a link between the solid square of the earth and the perfect circle of heaven. In the south-west corner, a large chest tomb, carved and painted, surrounded by railings reads:
"Dedicated to the memory of Edward Cosyn Esq. Of Hillesley, in this Parish, Lord of the Manor of Charley in the county of Leicester, who departed this Life the 20th Day of February, Anno Dom. 1689, aetatis suae 88 who marryed Frances, eldest daughter of William Try, Esq. of Hardwick in the County".